Friday 24 December 2010

The Elemental 5

 "It is my pleasure to be able to offer Angie’s extraordinary sculptures an exhibition space at the Lauries Centre into early 2010."  Exhibition curator Simon Mack.

Artist Statements

Elemental 1
Made from stainless steel. This design was the first in the series. It evolved from researching nature’s geometry and pattern occurrence. I applied the research to my philosophies to produce the work you see before you


Spiral is .7 gauge stainless steel.
width, 330mm x height 271mm.



Elemental 2
The objective was to change the polarity and dynamics of the original design. The stand upon which it rests gives the impression it is being tethered down
 

Spiral is .7 gauge stainless steel.
Base plate is brushed stainless steel and
support rod is solid mild steel.
Width 270mm x height 392mm.



Elemental 3
In the exploration of the versatility within this dynamic design series, this wave-like arrangement evolved.  I find the flow of this piece quite exquisite
 

Spiral is .7 gauge stainless steel.
Width 375mm x height 65mm.



Elemental 4
I evolved my design in its complexity and size. I wanted to see how the material responded to the new weight, size and intricacy. As with all my work, they produce remarkable shadows, a 'serendipitous by-product' so to speak

1mm gauge mild steel
width 620mm x height 1918mm.



Elemental 5
This sculpture consists of seven parts. I wanted to create a set of sculptures that are suspended at various heights in an area, as though weightless and ethereal organisms were gathering
 
Material.
XX Dimension

No comments:

Post a Comment